User-agent: * Allow: / Lymphoma, Family, Food, and Diabetes: Memorial Day Weekend

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

For me Memorial Day was always the beginning of summer. You got together with friends, had a picnic, maybe there was a parade, and things were good. My father was a WWII veteran and at those picnics he and his friends would “bore” each other with their stories. Our house came with a 48-star flag and we hang it on Memorial Day weekend (and others). As I was putting it out this morning I thought about something a friend, KC, told me a while back - that when I was in an airport (I’m in a lot of airports) and saw someone serving in the military eating at a stand, bar, or restaurant table; I should ask the server for their check, introduce myself, and tell them thank you. I’ve done it a couple of times. Their faces light up and you’ve made a friend and connections to the past, present, and future. Happy Memorial Day!

I'm feeling well and the second cycle is going well. Been napping a little more but that's OK. I have a scan scheduled for next Friday, the 4th and I guess we will get a sense of how things are going. I have mixed feelings about having the scan. If there can be a "good" scan then there can be a "bad" scan. But really, it's the last scan that's most important to me.

Eat Good Food, Be Kind, Tell the Truth
Click below for the collection of recipes or for an easy to print copy of a single recipe.

Collection of Recipes

Deviled Eggs: Picnic fare. This is my grandmother's recipe and I've tried to add measurements. My daughter dislikes eggs but she loves these.

No comments: