User-agent: * Allow: / Lymphoma, Family, Food, and Diabetes: Graduation

Friday, May 7, 2010

Graduation

Ann graduates from the College of St. Benedict tomorrow. She majored in French and History. Last summer one of our neighbors was lamenting that her daughter was starting Junior High School - which is a big deal. Sarah asked why everyone kept asking her if she was ready. I told her they ask because they aren't. I think I'm ready for Ann's graduation but it's a big deal. She is good at figuring things out and I'm pretty good living with ambiguity and that seems to work for us. Eunice told me last night she was accepted for a summer internship with Wilderness Inquiry. Their mission is to make adventure travel accessible to everyone, regardless of age, background or ability. It sounds like a good fit for Ann and gives her a chance to try outdoor leadership on for a summer. She and Dallas have always made good choices and decisions. I am very proud of her.

My parents in-law, Ken and Alice will be arriving for dinner. Paul's Jane and Ben too. We'll all go to Ann's graduation tomorrow. It will be fun to have them and we can also celebrate Mother's Day with them on Sunday. Tomorrow after Ann's graduation I will eat out for the first time. We are going to eat at a family run diner rather than a more traditional restaurant. The food is simple and fresh. I'm looking forward to it.

Last night I made Chicken Fried Chicken with White Gravy for dinner. Eunice went to St. Joseph to pick up some of Ann's things and have dinner with her.

Eat Good Food, Be Kind, Tell the Truth
Click below for the collection of recipes or for an easy to print copy of a single recipe.

Collection of Recipes

Chicken Fried Chicken with White Gravy: I modified this recipe from one on the Migraine-Free Cooking blog by Heidi Gunderson.

4 Steps to Healthy Frying: That may sound like an oxymoron but I borrowed these tips from Cooking Light. They worked well and little oil was absorbed by the chicken.

No comments: