User-agent: * Allow: / Lymphoma, Family, Food, and Diabetes: Imagonnapaintdabathroom

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Imagonnapaintdabathroom

I'm feeling well during this cycle. My infusion Monday will be the last for this cycle and then the booster shot of Neulasta on Tuesday. The Prednisone is doing it’s work - I have good energy - and the additional NPH insulin does a great job controlling my blood sugars. They are running between 80 and 150 which is great.

I slept well last night for about 4 hours. Sometimes that’s all I need. I fill my time with a variety of things like this blog, cooking, work, needlepoint, gardening, watching Twins games, walking, and so on. Not too exciting. It’s funny how the port gets in the way of little things like driving a car. The seat belt goes right over the port. A golf bag strap would go over the port. Eunice had a bad day and buried her head in my chest where my port just happened to be. Not sure who it hurt more but once I got it out of my lung and we iced her head, things were cool.

Today, Imagonnapaintdabathroom – on Prednisone. I’m not very handy. Oddly enough the one thing I can do is electrical stuff. My knowledge of electricity goes back to my Junior High shop class. I had a “deck” of cards with a scantily clad woman on the front and when someone opened the cards they got an electric shock. My shop teacher found it in class and took a liking to me. The class formed a circle holding hands and he opened the deck and had two students in the circle put their finger on the cleverly disguised conductors that administered a shock that went around the circle. This was great entertainment for 7th graders and I got an “A” in electricity. 1968 wasn’t all bad. We did not cover painting but Imagonnapaintdabathroom. The first coat may be on by the time you read this.

Eat Good Food, Be Kind, Tell the Truth
Click below for the collection of recipes or for an easy to print copy of a single recipe.

Collection of Recipes

Salmon with Coriander Rub and Lime: Adapted this recipe from Bon Appetit. It was simple to make but a little fussy.

Dilled White Bean and Grape Tomato Salad: Went well with the Salmon and very easy to make.

No comments: