User-agent: * Allow: / Lymphoma, Family, Food, and Diabetes: Labs

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Labs

Had labs drawn yesterday and the week before as well. They are good. Yesterday's results had my white blood cell count at 9.0 (normal=3-8.9) and it's OK, even good to be a little high. Hemoglobin is 14.9 (normal=12.5-16.6). Platelets are 155 (normal=113-364). White blood cells fight infection, hemoglobin carries oxygen, and platelets are important for clotting and stopping bleeding. It's good to have all those things. Chemo tends to wipe them out. I had the booster shot to stimulate white cell production and apparently it worked. So I'm in good shape for the next cycle that starts next Monday.

This cycle has been great. I've felt really well, not much fatigue, and good appetite. The only thing that tastes a little funny is tap water. That happened to me the last time too so it could be in my head. I've been drinking a lot of water but also a fair amount of carbonated water (Pellegrino). John sent me an idea for dressing up the water a bit and it is a very nice change of pace. If anyone has an idea for food or beverages please send them to me.

I have been playing around with different types of snacks. Olive tapanade or bruschetta on crackers with cream cheese works. Also Eunice and I made some crackers that I really like. I'll include the recipes below.

Eat Good Food, Be Kind, Tell the Truth
Click below for the collection of recipes or for an easy to print copy of a single recipe.

Collection of Recipes

Tapenade: Easy to make and tastes great with cream cheese on a cracker.

Bruschetta: Simple recipe and good on crackers as well as toasted bread.

Rosemary Cranberry Pecan Crisps: I love these crackers. A imitation of Raincoast Crisps and a cross between their Cranberry Hazelnut and Rosemary Raison Pecan crisps.

No comments: