User-agent: * Allow: / Lymphoma, Family, Food, and Diabetes: A Cure for the Common Cold?

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Cure for the Common Cold?

I caught a cold last week and, no, it wasn’t a side-effect of the chemo. I dislike colds very much. They tend to last 2-3 weeks for me and involve a trip to urgent care. I did not want that. I was out of sorts and not feeling so well for my treatment on Monday, yesterday, and it had only been 3-4 days. My throat was a little sore, nose running, and a cough. I told my nurse if I needed a mask I’d be happy to wear one or whatever so others didn’t get it. The funny thing was I was the only person in the chemo room so they left me alone. That lone Monday infusion (D8) is Cytoxan and only takes about 2 hours. I slept quite a bit through it and when I got up to leave realized I felt pretty good, almost like my cold was gone. I thought maybe it was all the fluids or something.

Twelve hours later I’m still feeling pretty good – maybe a little congestion.

Twenty-four hours later and all is well. I have a little congestion but will call the pharmacy today to see if there is a nasal spray or something I can use to help stop that. The Procarbazine has so many restrictions that I can’t take a lot of OTC medications.

I don’t recommend it but an infusion of Cytoxan may be the cure for the common cold.

Eat Good Food, Be Kind, Tell the Truth

Click below for the collection of recipes or for an easy to print copy of a single recipe.

Collection of Recipes

Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Oven-Baked Polenta: all four of us liked it.

Oven-Baked Polenta: if you just want the Polenta recipe.

The Friday Update: Just the Facts

No comments: