User-agent: * Allow: / Lymphoma, Family, Food, and Diabetes: I Miss Ingrid

Monday, August 9, 2010

I Miss Ingrid

I ran into Ingrid this morning on my way in for chemo. She was coming out of the pharmacy and we chatted for a while. She went on a road trip with her mother down and up the Pacific Coast Highway and had a fabulous time. They rented a convertible and instead of her hair billowing back as you see in commercials, she let the air caress her bald head. They had a blast.

She asked about the kids and I filled her in as best I could. I told her Ann is in Chicago and has a list of things she has requested to be sent to her. I also told her about Dallas’ upcoming Semester at Sea and she thought that was great. He shouldn’t be surprised if a talkative, bald, diabetic woman appears on his ship. I shouldn’t say bald; her hair is beginning to grow out a little and she has quit using a lint roller for grooming.

The chemo room is more subdued without Ingrid. Today is my long day and I miss her most on this day. Seven hours is a long time and we were typically here the entire time together – others would come and go. Sometimes I take a nap and the room turns over. It’s a little disconcerting when that happens. They really need a Master of Ceremonies to introduce everyone and facilitate the conversation now that Ingrid is gone.

Eat Good Food, Be Kind, Tell the Truth
Click below for the collection of recipes or for an easy to print copy of a single recipe.

Collection of Recipes

Buttermilk Scones: A repeat of the recipe Ingrid gave me at my first infusion. I think it was the first I posted and perhaps the reason I started including recipes.

The Friday Update: Just the Facts

No comments: